Wednesday, September 14, 2011

February/3rd birthday update

Dear Makaia,
Well, as you can tell, I am extremely behind on my blog updates!!! Yes, I am writing your February letter in September! It is not out of laziness. We have just been incredibly busy. In February, amidst all the craziness from moving, I was busy planning your birthday. I thought I would make it easy on myself this year (no hand-painted party favors, etc.) and do pizza and a bounce house at our community park. That was before the forecast called for flash flood rain storms! We had no other choice but to move your party to the garage. The same garage that was still half full of boxes and furniture yet to be unpacked. I nearly killed myself that week trying to get the garage cleared out to look somewhat decent to have your party in. I don't recall ever being as exhausted as I was that week. You are super into ballet and dance so that was your party theme this year. We tried very hard to make the garage look cute for you, and somewhat succeeded. Every single person that attended had a hand in helping us in some way. It definitely took a village to pull the new party plans off.

Valentines Day 2011. We got some roses for our sweet valentine!


Your dutiful Daddy worked a 14 hour day then stayed up until 1am baking ballerina cookies for your party.



The birthday girl is 3!!!




Your ballerina cakes! They even had edible glitter on them!!!







The garage party. It was as cold as it could get in San Diego! Mommy threw in a last-minute hot chocolate station for the guests to keep warm.










Opening gifts in the "living room" Mommy tried to create in the garage



Going after your ballet shoe pinata


I can't believe how old you are! Oh, almost forgot...another reason why I can't update the blog as easily anymore...a week before your birthday, you STOPPED taking naps!!! That was a difficult realization for me. I lived for those quiet moments by myself, just to regroup. I tried to instill a "rest your body" time but ended up getting interrupted every 10 minutes. One time, you called me up to your room because you had a booger on your finger and needed me to take it (really!) and another time, I came up to find you in bed with your ballet shoes on. You told me, "Mommy, I can't rest my body because I need to come downstairs to dance!" I also heard you one day just laying there singing All You Need Is Love (your dance recital tune), which was pretty hysterical.


Love you sweetheart. Happy belated birthday post!

Mommy




















No comments: