I haven't written a letter to you on the blog in awhile so I thought I would catch you up on all the new things you are doing. Several months ago, I got a journal to keep on my nightstand with the intention of writing to you every night. Unfortunately, when I climb into bed, all I can think about is getting my head to the pillow as fast as possible. You are now using said journal as a coloring book.
You are talking so much these days (in sentences!) and copying EVERYTHING we say! You make me laugh out loud every day with your words, mostly because I know who you learned them from. We have already thanked Grandpa for "Gosh dangiiiiit." Since you can't pronounce everything with clarity, you sound like you have some sort of accent, which makes what you say that much funnier. You even throw in some spanish by using "y" (eeee) instead of "and" like "Mama y Gamma y Papa y Nana."
As we try in vain to rid you of your pacifier addiction, we have attempted to hide them during the day. That doesn't work, as you just go around searching for them, calling out "Fossee, arrrrrre you?" (That's "pacifier, where are you?" in adult talk.) That always gets a laugh from us, because you seem convinced that they are going to respond to you. Your father, hilariously, shot back with a "We are hiding from your mouth, Makaia." You even know them by color now and notice when one is missing.
You are still so sweet and kind. You give everyone hugs and delight people with your adorable smile. You say things like, "Thank you SO much" but highlight each word in a different tone, which makes everyone want to just kiss you. You even sweetly put your hand on your chest in defiance while you say, "No, I won't" or "No, I not." Those are your new favorite phrases, by the way. You are also into sentences that start with "I need" or "I want," telling me "I need da jacket, I need da chocolate, I need juice." Wait, back up, you need chocolate?!
Your favorite color is still blue, although pink has been closing in on the top spot. You can't get enough of the art projects I put out for you! You can sing your ABC's, and don't mind letting other people here you. In the grocery store, at the bank, etc. You also know numbers 1-20 and your colors, and shapes. Triangles are your favorite. You also love to dance! Mama is going to enroll you in dance class this fall. Since you walk on your toes a lot, people say I should put you in ballet. I have something else in mind, though, because you like grooving to hip-hop music and pop music more. So, I am thinking a jazz/tap class is in order. You also climb everything in sight, and love your gym class. We have had to put all the dining room chairs and block them off in the kitchen, because you are up on the table in 2 seconds if we leave them out. Our home has become your personal jungle gym.
You are doing so great in our potty training "adventure!" You had a breakthrough several weeks ago. We had been cheering for you at each effort and one day you watched me go on the big-girl potty (I can't remember the last time I was in there by myself.) You stood there and said, "Yay Mommy! You diiiiiiiid it! Good girl!" Thank you sweetheart, for your words of encouragement. You then decided it was time for you to go on "Mommy's potty." I also took you to buy your own panties (we came home with boys underwear that had Thomas the Train and Elmo on them.) You only use your toddler potty after you're in bed and decide that you have to go (this is after we don't buy into all your other procrastinations.) The potty is in the living room, where Mommy and Daddy are, and you come in with a smirk on your face like you've just entered the off-limits promise land. You then sit on your potty and "try" while you figure out other ways to stay out in the "promise land." Nice try...back to bed!
Music is really a passion for you, which baffles me, because neither your father or I have any sort of musical talent. Nor does anyone else in our family, except your Nana, so we are thinking she is the sole person to thank for your gift. You sing, but you LOVE guitars! Maybe some music lessons are in your future?
Your behavior is usually really great. You can listen and follow instructions and are kind to others. One of the moms at gym class commented today that you are so dainty and girly but you carry yourself with a lot of gusto and confidence. That describes you perfectly! You are super sweet but you can hang with the boys and hold your own. You have become Miss Independent and want to do everything yourself. If I try to help you in any way, you say, "NO , SELF!" You get extremely frustrated when you can't do something on your own.
Lastly, Daddy and I love how much you like to cuddle!!! The other day you opened your arms and said, "Mommy...hug. I love you!" You are just such a snugglebug and I love it.
Daddy and I are so proud of you and can't wrap our heads around how much you are changing.
We are trying to enjoy each moment with you, challenging as it is sometimes. ha ha ha.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment